Exploring wondrous existence through words and images, honouring the past and present.
we’re caught up in the matter –
sharp, emotional immediacy
gleaming and filthy, cruel or seemingly sweet
(it’s nonsense, really)
let it settle, turn it over for a time,
then abandon all notion with eyes closed,
or wide open, looking to the sky, the sea;
notice the dark and the light,
sparkling static, glorious blue above and in front,
even pale grey as it obstructs our sun…
the ground can be pink if you see it so,
and her intention becomes frothy,
fading as it comes
- Beginning mindful art practice.
- Facilitating mindfulness sessions, including close-looking and responses to nature and art.
- Spent some time on retreat.
- Channelled restlessness into gardening.
- Took a creative writing class with Jill Dawson.
- Sought comfort in nature throughout the lockdowns.
- Taking photos on film.
- Unsure where (or if) to share work.
- Mostly taking photographs on my phone.
- Emma photoshoot.
- Penned a cover story for Ceramic Review.
- Exhibited clay pieces at the Centre for Recent Drawing, London; shared information via Ceramic Art York’s blog.
- Joined a pottery class for a while.
- Drawing and painting.
- Visited the Priseman Seabrook Collection.
- Breathing into Bloom exhibition takes place in York.
- Explored Vivian Maier’s photography.
- Appeared in a zine exploring the notion of a ‘selfie’.
- Old overlay piece is exhibited in From Sea to You, pocagallery, Spain.
- Yorkshire Art Journal: interviewing and writing helps to heal my brain.
- Exhibited two photographs in a university show.
- Work features in university magazine on theme ‘deadly sins’.
- Completed degree.
- Working on art history degree.
- Experimenting with early Instagram filters and other apps.
- Using disposable cameras over summer.
- Documenting lots of moments, digitally and on disposable cameras.
- Grief has a significant impact during this year. A reflection.
- Experimenting with editing software.
- Final photo pictured here receives ‘Explore’ feature on Flickr.
- Studying creative writing.
- Taking photographs and sharing them on Flickr.
- Absorbing music, films, books.
- Writing poems for a uni application.
- The lyrics of Bob Dylan, Ryan Adams, The Cure, and Josh Rouse are influential.
- Garden reading – including first Thich Nhat Hanh book.
- Myspace is an initial digital canvas/vessel…quotes, music.
- Pavement summers.
- MSN existence.
- Growing up ~ first-born; pottering around the garden; seaside adventures.
- Dad’s CD collection.